- Temperature (as of 1700 hrs, game's end): 34 C
- Feels like: 41 C
- UV Index: Bloody high
- Left knee: Skinned, a little bloody
- Right knee: Skinned, dripping blood
- Time on field: Probably 40-45 minutes
- Years on this Earth more than next eldest team-mate: I'd guess 15, but I'll say 10, to be safe
- Joy felt upon leaving the field, defeated: Bloody marvellous
- Taste of chilled beer upon return home: Like god's own ambrosia, brothers and sisters. I haven't hurt as much as I have this summer (what with the running, the tennis and the badminton on top of the sunday soccer/football matches) in many years, yet I haven't felt as good in even more.
Have I mentioned lately how pleased I am that I stopped smoking? Well, I should, because I know I wouldn't have been able to keep up if I was still sparking up those death-sticks.
I don't think my pants are any looser (more's the pity), but I sure as hell feel better than I have in a very long time, even — maybe especially — where it hurts.This entry was originally posted at http://ed-rex.dreamwidth.org/225266.html. Comment there using OpenID, or here as per normal.