- Sun, 13:06: RT @SarahKSilverman: Kudos to @ThomasMulcair 4 supporting a woman's right to wear what she wants w/out discrimination #NDP And VOTE 4 MIRA…
- Sun, 13:14: #Pot "infinitely worse" than tobacco? The liar #@pmharper ignores #science, panders to base: http://t.co/xAyWw2W2V7 #cdnpli #elxn42
- Sun, 20:24: Good piece on the #TPP, why it matters to #Canada & how it might affect #elxn42. http://t.co/uAmotnZYJ7 http://t.co/AgJTj6suMV
- Sun, 20:57: #Space! #History! #Apollo! Hi-res #photos! How better to take one's mind off decline of Western Civilization? http://t.co/1kswwif192
- Sun, 22:45: Reaping the fruit of @pmharper's racist tactics: http://t.co/ewFPVRuRRG #cdnpoli #elx42 #fascist #niqab http://t.co/t78jWyrUlr
- Sun, 23:04: A handy tip-line and info-sheet for all good #OldStockCanadians: http://t.co/4ofMO2KTRi #BarbaricCulturalPractices #elxn42 #cdnpoli
- Sun, 23:18: RT @TheOzzk: Cry out against dangerous niqab while selling arms to oppressive, Muslim Saudi regime #elx42 https://t.co/7aWr3iUEAp
- Sun, 23:49: Why your #strategicvote is a wasted vote: http://t.co/0gSIDUjuEB #elxn42 #cdnpoli #MulcairNotHarper
- Mon, 00:32: Time of miracles and wonder ... #Charon (#Pluto's moon) up close and personal: https://t.co/gT4ZBfs8YV via @YouTube #science #nasa
As the Canucks among you will know, Canada is in the midst of a federal election, one in which the ruling
Facists Conservatives have taken off the gloves and are using blatant lies (did you know that marijuana is "infinitely worse" than tobacco? Well, now you do! If a Prime Minister asserts it, it must be true, right?) and out-right racism (anti-Muslim xenophobia dressed up in women's rights lipstick) to divide and conquer. With two weeks to go until election day, the fear-mongering and hate-stirring seems to have moved the necessary 10% or so of voters so that Harper's thugs can taste victory. In a first-past-the-post system, 35% of the vote might be enough to secure a majority in Parliament.
All of which is to say, rage and despair are the primary emotions I'm feeling when I look at the world around me; and that's just in Canada.
Worse (or better?), I still haven't managed to finish that fucking long-promised review of last year's be-damned Doctor Who Christmas Special. That despite having watched the stupid thing at least four times by this point, maybe more. And it's already three episodes into the new series and I have yet to watch a single one of them. And I realized the other day that I'm not missing the show at all.
On the up-side, I have fully-recovered from the torn hamstring I suffered last spring (that's the ugly pic above and to the right) and in fact finished my latest "season" with the bloody well-organized Ottawa Footy-Sevens yesterday, with a double-header. I'll guestimate that I spend close to an hour-and-a-half of the tours hours on the field — which, I hasten to add, isn't why we lost both games.
But fun was had, and (as I've said before) the fact that I even can more or less hold my own with people who probably average 20 or 25 years younger than I am still thrills me all to all.
That said, soccer does not come without its costs. And in my case, the hamstring aside, the primary payees have been my feet. Specifically, my big toes. In the past few years I've lost four or five tonails, and two more will soon follow.
For reasons I don't fully understand, I feel compelled to show them to you.
But for reasons I do understand (the pictures are gross!; and so are my feet, as I discovered yesterday when I looked at the photos Raven took before I set out for my games), I'm placing them behind a cut so that you will see them only if you actually want to.( Collapse )
And now I must be off to the day-job. exeunt
This entry was originally posted at http://ed-rex.dreamwidth.org/273373.html. Comment there using OpenID, or here as per normal.