- Thu, 15:29: Since 2000, #NeilYoung has released 1 autobio, 7 archive albums, 5 films, 1 eco-car, 1 audio format + 10 new albums. http://t.co/BYceUK4B1L
- Thu, 16:56: "Sadomonetarism." @NYTimeskrugman grapples with the insanity of our #NeoFeudal times: Hard Hearts, Soft Heads http://t.co/JjHpR7zQrY
- Thu, 17:01: Vital remedial media, and why the nuke talks with Iran will probably fail: The New York Times' Latest Big Lie http://t.co/P5D0sg8sTo …
- Thu, 17:02: RT @dastardlyreads: Why is it I can easily write a lot for the things I shouldn't be writing and struggle to write even a little on what I …
- Thu, 17:03: RT @BumblePuppyPres: The food has been ordered @ #DaneilOcConnelsIrishPub. Get your FREE tickets for the book-launch this Sunday! http://t.…
- Thu, 17:13: @ElizabethMay the only #Canadian opposition attending #COP19. Her report isn't pretty. http://t.co/6E834DG7Hl #environment #cdnpoli
- Thu, 17:28: As XMas (I use the X deliberately) approaches, I commend the graphic to your attention; I'm going to keep it in mind https://t.co/OS5ghve0an
- Thu, 18:02: "Penguin Random House ... will publish 15,000 new titles in 2014" | Not time to panic re #OldMansLastSauna sales yet? http://t.co/IsO28jkm68
- Thu, 23:17: New poverty rich ground for fascist demagoguery | Michael Den Tandt: Why Ford’s appeal should frighten us: http://t.co/JTmzq2CpNA
- Fri, 00:04: No winning #NaNoWriMo this year, but got in another 1,335 words on #TheBrokenRoad today. Progress. #AmWriting
The Night Before the Day of the Doctor
Resurgence of hope?
Doctor Who returns tomorrow, in yet another special, this one to be simulcast all over the world, the better to prevent the spilling of spoilers before their time.
Do I sound cynical? Those (few) of you who have been wondering what happened to my long-promised review of "The Name of The Doctor", first broadcast last spring, might well expect me to be.
I won't disappoint you: I still am.
But I ran across a bit of a surprise a couple of nights back, in the form of an eight-minute (mini) episode called "The Night of the Doctor." I don't suppose many of you reading this are still in the dark about it, but just in case, I'll offer no details here. Beware the spoilers that lurk in my review!
The surprising pleasure I received from the above-noted short film, saw my cynicism tempered, a little, by hope that this Saturday's long-awaited extravaganza might also surprise me. That hope saw me finally re-visit last spring's ostensible finale, "The Name of the Doctor" — and, yes, to also finally review it. That review is behind this cut. Spoilers, of course, and also a return to much wailing and gnashing of critical teeth. You've been warned on both counts.
This entry was originally posted at http://ed-rex.dreamwidth.org/258438.html. Comment there using OpenID, or here as per normal.