- Tue, 12:43: Rumour has it @petermansbridge was a journalist once: Rob Ford lies three times in first minutes of interview http://t.co/aUe95Ce7Lk
- Tue, 13:14: What's more appalling than @TOMayorFord playing victim? @petermansbridge playing sympathetic human-interest 'journalist'. For shame, #CBC!
- Tue, 13:19: A while ago someone tried to convince me that #MMA (or cage-fighting) was less brutal than boxing. I say bullshit. http://t.co/3Oaejeolbd
- Tue, 22:54: Good on #CBC RADIO news for running an item on @TOMayorFord's lies, that @petermansbridge so shamefully let slide on #TheNational.
- Tue, 23:16: “Yes, I broke the law, but I believe that sometimes laws must be broken in order to make room for change.” http://t.co/1i4V22w3GP
- Tue, 23:16: "As the numbers of our political prisoners and exiled dissidents mount, there is the unmistakable stench of tyranny." http://t.co/1i4V22w3GP
- Tue, 23:17: "The severe sentence [...] was monumentally stupid for a judge seeking to protect the interest of the ruling class." http://t.co/1i4V22w3GP
- Tue, 23:17: "[Frightened], the corporate state, rapidly losing credibility & legitimacy, is lashing out like a wounded animal." http://t.co/1i4V22w3GP
- Tue, 23:17: "No one will save us but ourselves. That was the real message sent out by the sentencing of #JeremyHammond." http://t.co/1i4V22w3GP
- Wed, 06:55: "Have you noticed that whenever they show a guy's wiener, that guy's character is gay?" Butters catches up on #GameOfThrones - #SouthPark
Launch Party: The Old Man's Last Sauna
As some of you
should may know, I've become a publisher, having turned what had been a minor consulting business into a small press with the publication of The Old Man's Last Sauna, a short-story collection by Carl (yes, we're related) Dow.
Though the book has been available since October 25th, the roll-out has been a slow one — as I suppose befits an fledgling press in this time of corporate gigantism. In any event, to any and all of you who live in (or will be visiting) the National Capital Region and want something to do other than watching the Grey Cup, why not come on out to celebrate a singular moment of Canadian Culture?
The BumblePuppy Press proudly announces the official launch party of The Old Man's Last Sauna!
Featuring readings and autographs by the author, a question and answer session, free snacks and live music with Kevin Dooley and friends! Come on out this Sunday, November 24, thumb your nose at Old Man Winter and give a big thumbs' up to a local writer!
The book is a good one, and I think it's a safe bet the evening will be too!
Full details and the chance to RSVP at our EventBrite page. Come on out if you can! (And yes, I'll be there too.)
This entry was originally posted at http://ed-rex.dreamwidth.org/258051.html. Comment there using OpenID, or here as per normal.